Words and Your Heart Writing Templates
Use the picture book words and your heart to explore the power and importance of words with K – Year 2 kiddos while teaching them about shape poems, brainstorming, writing a response to a text and much more!
This set of 11 writing templates makes it all easy.
Just grab the picture book, print out your writing templates and you’re ready to go.
A printed copy of our lesson plan, ideas for activities to go with the book, instructions to help you make the best use of your templates and a brainstorming prompt sheet are included with this pack.
Looking for an engaging literacy lesson for a K - Year 2 class which also helps you teach about empathy and using our words with care? Words and Your Heart by Kate Jane Neal is a cute picture book which offers a wealth of opportunities for teaching and learning.
The 11 response-to-text and writing templates in this pack have been designed for use with Words and Your Heart. The templates are differentiated to help you cater for the learning needs of each child in your class and are designed to help each child succeed in the writing task you set. They have also been designed to go with our free Words and Your Heart lesson plan.
- 4 differentiated writing/drawing response-to-text templates
- 3 heart-shaped writing templates which can be used to create a classroom display focusing on words that look after our hearts
- 1 'words that look after our hearts' classroom display header
- 2 shape-poem writing templates
- 1 'My Powerful Words' brainstorming/writing template
- 1 brainstorming and vocabulary template
- a copy of our lesson plan, with discussion questions and ideas for activities to go with this book
- brainstorming prompt sheet
- instruction sheet to help you make the best use of your writing templates
So choose the templates you'd like to use, grab a copy of words and your heart and you're ready to go.
K – Year 2
|Key Learning Area(s):||
writing templates, response-to-text templates
|Number of pages:||